Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thank you so much for sharing your 'earthquake' stories with me. They moved me to tears. I want to respond to each of you individually, but the next 4 days are action-packed...so it may be next week.


There are so many un-sung heroes in the world. Your courage inspires me.


A few said things like, "My earthquake isn't as big as yours."  It doesn't matter. An earthquake is an earthquake. I've experienced tremors throughout my life. Whatever your earthquake is, the same principles apply.


We are united in our suffering, regardless of what form it takes. We cannot measure our circumstances against another's. Pain is pain.


I am so grateful for the honor of being trusted with your stories.


I will keep you all in my prayers. 


love, kim


p.s. If anyone else wants to share, the line's still open. Your words mean more to me than you could know. I hope to write about these stories soon. (I promise to keep everyone's confidentiality.)

1 comment:

  1. We did not go through an earthquake. But, a hurricane. It chaged our lives in so many ways.
    We lost most everything material. What we gained in spiritual material was awesome!
    I blogged about it last September. Here is the link-

    http://frommyfrontporchinthemountains.blogspot.com/2009/09/frances.html

    Have a blessed day! misha

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write.

It helps to know we're not alone.