Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sometimes I think Blogger exists just to drive me insane.

For instance, I've been fiddling around with trying to make the font size and spacing consistent on the previous blog. I had to put it up "as is" yesterday because of time constraint.

Anyway, the 'preview' will look normal , but then it will be screwed up again by the time I hit "publish."

For my 50th birthday, a friend gave me a cute little book about what NOT to do after the half-century mark. One of them was something like "I will NOT allow gadgets to get the best of me!"

We helped each other with that when I was home. I taught her how to do one new thing on her Mac, and she returned the favor. We were jubilant because,  a.) We didn't have to pay the Geek Squad a hundred dollars for two measly questions, and  b.) We didn't have to endure the eye-rolling and loud sighing of our college-age children.

WE CAN BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!

Old ladies of the Internet, UNITE!

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks, the Management

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,

    I don't comment much, but I am a regular follower of your blog(s). I have had the same frustrations with blogger. I hate how it never looks the same when I publish! My daughter just introduced me to Windows Live Writer (downloadable free at windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com). It is so much easier to manipulate photos, etc and you can publish straight to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Lisha!

    I'll check it out.

    Blessings!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the computer and I don't turn it on after I leave work. I got my masters degree on line from the University of South Alabama in 2006 (pretty good for a 50 year old). As one of my professors said in one of her first classes, "put down the hammer." Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, the Windows Live Writer isn't compatible with my Mac.

    Does anybody have any other suggestions??

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write.

It helps to know we're not alone.